Group 1 Blog #1

 


"Group 1 Blog"

SPC2608: Prof. Sinkoff

Created by: Ana M. Prado



Teamwork definitely makes the dream work! That's what this group is about. I have been in SPC1017 before I decided to take a similar course this semester again. I can honestly say these classes with Professor Sinkoff have been amazing! It has made me step out of my comfort zone a lot and helped me brand out my creative side. This class has it's a beautiful way to bring people together as one. To have everyone do their part and put together to create beautiful art! I knew the moment we all started working together that this was going to be an amazing team. So synchronized and well-organized. Very communicative as well! I can say that I'm very proud of how our project came out and couldn't have it any other way. The day we presented it beautifully flourished and it smoothly sailed to an A+ as our final grade.

Let's talk about Group 2. I really really love how informative and well put it was. It was a fresh breath of air to learn something new throughout hearing their wonderful performance. One thing that I didn't like that I was quite confused about was that one of the team members was talking for a long period of time and was stuck on one slide. There's only such a short period of time to present all information you have in 3 chapters, which is quite a lot. Although I later learned that another team member wasn't present. I'm sure that makes up for the lost time.



Sadly, I couldn't attend the presentation of Group 3. From the look of things, they did an amazing job! I congratulate them on their success in the presentation, I'm very happy for them. I'm excited and looking forward to their next project coming about.


An amazing job for Group 4! A strong sense of professionalism and a persuasive soothing presentation. Everyone was in a suit and tie presenting like a true pro. I love how they talked about and expanded on the really important points of the chapters. They really know how to speak to an audience and are not afraid to show confidence in their words. You can really see how well planned and thought of it is! They are truly an inspiration for me to step out of my comfort zone and speak proudly in my future speeches. 


 Last but not least, beautifully said by the professor, "Let's try to be more confident and honest from now on!" Those last few words before leaving the course room were truly sensational and got me fired up to do better next time. To exceed my limits and reach sky high!


You wonder how we did our presentation and how we planned it. Before we started, we decided to plan. We made about four or five meetings between different times to meet up and discuss more the presentation since some of us were busy at certain times. We made the presentation little by little, each person was going to take up about 2-3 slides, add about two videos, add pictures in each slide, stuff like that. My role is being the tech, making sure the presentation would go smoothly and beautifully. I made a beautiful template for us and organized how each slide should go. We put our part in, summarized our corresponding chapter, and split it between two people per chapter. We then discussed the final touches like transitioning between teammates and how long we should talk for. In the end, everything went as accordingly, everyone was proud and got a great grade on it! :)


This project made me realize how important and how beautiful is public speaking. I mean these chapters are the foundation and the knowledge of public speaking within depth. No one is perfect, we all fear, we all stutter, we all get nervous, we all got what it takes. "Practice makes perfect" should be "Practice pushes us to our goal". Patience and persistence are key along with the confidence to give that amazing speech that you have been practicing for all this time. It's true, you can write all wonderous and perfect words for the appropriate presentation but if you can't transition that into sounds that come out of you, all will go to waste, sadly. But there's no shame in failure. Failure drives you to success, to do better, to reach higher and newer limits and we can't let that out of our grasp. You also don't have to go through it alone, you can work as a team. Teamwork makes the dream work and together you can create something stronger, newer, and more unique. Every person is unique and when a group of people clashes together to make something, you know it's going to be amazing. A little contribution from each individual brings something new to the table. Life is amazing, communicating with others is just as amazing because you're learning, growing, and sharing with others. The power of words can impact others either positively or negatively, no matter what we should always choose to be kind and compassionate towards others because you never know if your words can make someone's day. Remember to never be discouraged but to always break through obstacles and flourish as an individual.
  

From here on out, we gotta bring it to the table with everything we got, to show 100% of our efforts to each and every project we come across from this course. To push to new limits is my goal for this class. I wanna do better for my team as much as I want them to do better for the team. I also gotta fight my fears of speaking in front of crowds. It's something that has been holding me back from my voice being heard and expressing myself how I want. It definitely won't be easy but as long as try, nothing can stop me! I can't forget that I'm also not alone, I have our team and together were are stronger than ever!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Presentation Reflection